How to check the status of your California driver’s license
There are various circumstances where your driver’s license status can be unclear. If you recently received a ticket or were arrested for some reason, it might have affected your license’ status. Another reason can be that you have just completed your license suspension period which is why you might want to know if your license has been reinstated. In either case, it is important to ensure the status of your license because driving on a suspended license is considered a serious offense that can result in jail time or a heavy fine.
If you are wondering what the status of your driver’s license is, there are a few ways to find out. In this article, we are going to guide on how you can check the status of your California driver’s license step by step:
1. Virtual Check
The simplest way would be to go online and check the status of your driver’s license. All you have to do is visit the DMV website and go to the driver record request page. The page will give you the relevant information about your driver’s license status. However, if you need to present the document for some official purpose, it is not considered an official document.
To be able to use the information as an official document, you will have to:
- Create an online account on the DMV website where you will be required to provide your current personal information.
- Once the account is created, you will be required to pay a nominal amount to be able to see and print the driver’s record.
2. Visit the California DMV Office
You can also visit your local California DMV office in person and request your driver’s license information in a printout. To do so, you will be required to:
- File the INF 1125 form where you will have to provide your personal information along with the driver’s license number and date of birth.
- Pay a nominal fee and receive the official record.
3. Mail a Driver’s License Request Form
Another way to check the status of your driver’s license would be to mail a request form to the California DMV headquarters. For this, you will have to:
- Fill the INF 1125 form where you will have to provide your personal information, driver’s license number, and date of birth.
- Mail the form to the California DMV office’s address along with a fee.
The driver’s record will then be mailed to you.
These are some of the ways you can check the status of your driver’s license. If you are facing a license suspension and in need of a DUI attorney, contact C . Robert Brooks for a consultation.