California laws offer the benefit of expungement to individuals however, they have to meet the eligibility criteria set by the law:
- The individual has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor but was not incarcerated in the California state prison,
- The individual has fulfilled the terms of their DUI probation,
- The individual is not currently facing any criminal charges,
- The individual was not convicted of one of the specific crimes that make someone ineligible to receive a California expungement for example, sexual offenses especially against children.
- The individual has been convicted in a state court, not in federal court.
In any case, it is best to consult with an experienced DUI lawyer in Los Angeles to be sure.