TEL 310-273-0055


Map and Directions


Frequently Asked Questions
Driving Related Violations
Negligent Operator/Point Count
DMV Hearings
Traffic Court Trials
Suspended License
No License
No Insurance
DMV Hearings
Under 21
Drug Offenses
Possession for Sale
Under the Influence
Loitering for the Purpose of Purchase or Sale
Diversion (Deferred Entry of Judgment) and Proposition 36
Marijuana/Medical Marijuana
Property Crimes

Unlawful Weapons Possession
Gun in a Car
Possession of a Concealed Weapon
Domestic Violence
Spousal Abuse
Criminal/Terrorist Threats
Petty Theft

Grand Theft
Grand Theft Auto
Credit Card / ID Theft
Sexual Misconduct
Lewd Conduct (647(a))
Solicitation (647(b)) (including with prior convictions)
Unlawful Sex with a Minor
Statutory Rape

Other Areas
Probation Violations
Failures to Appear
Juvenile Matters


Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a lawyer?

The short answer to this is probably yes. If you've been charged with a crime or are being investigated concerning one, it is important to have a qualified criminal defense lawyer at the earliest possible stage. A good lawyer can protect you from overzealous police investigators and prosecutors. And it's important to keep in mind that you don't just need any lawyer, you need one with experience in the kind of case you're dealing with and in whom you believe in and trust.

What if the police lied to me?

The police are not required to tell you the truth. They will trick you any way they can. Which is why talking to them is not a good idea. However friendly and interested in your story as they might appear, their real goal is not to sort out the truth but to gather evidence against you. And, contrary to popular misconception, a police officer does not have to admit he is a cop if you ask him!

Do I have to allow the police to search my car or home?

No, you do not. Under most circumstances, the police are required to obtain a search warrant before they can conduct a search of your home, or there must be a valid arrest before they can search your vehicle. Warrants can be defective and thereafter possibly successfully attacked. If you voluntarily allow the police to search, you're giving up a valuable right and getting nothing in return.

What are my Miranda Rights?

Miranda rights arise from being taken into custody and then being interrogated by the police. You have a right not to answer any questions and to have an attorney present at all proceeding. Always demand your right to have an attorney represent you at every stage of an investigation.

Misdemeanor or Felony?

In simple terms, the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony is the potential punishment. Misdemeanors generally carry a maximum penalty of up to one year in the county jail. A felony is defined as a crime with a punishment commencing with one year in state prison. Many crimes are known as "wobblers," meaning that they can be filed as either misdemeanors or felonies. A good criminal defense lawyer can often make the difference in getting a felony reduced to a misdemeanor.

Must I go to court?

In many cases the answer is no. An attorney can appear on your behalf through most stages of the case so that you don't have to miss work. This can be important as most cases require numerous appearances by an attorney to get what is ultimately the best outcome.

Will I go to jail?

In the overwhelming majority of cases, the answer would be no. Of course, each case is different and some offenses must involve some custody time. However, a creative attorney can usually find an outcome that does not involve jail in most circumstances.

Does this mean I'm going to have a criminal record?

It's important to understand that being arrested is not the same as being convicted. While being convicted does create a criminal record, it's important to distinguish what the conviction is for. For example, being convicted of shoplifting is a crime of "moral turpitude," While being convicted of trespassing is not. Under the right circumstances, a skilled attorney can have the charges against you reduced to something that will not reflect as badly upon your character.

Can my record be expunged?

Yes. If you are convicted of a crime, upon successful completion of probation, your attorney can file a motion to expunge your record. This means that the official docket of your case will show that you entered a "not guilty" plea and the case was dismissed.

Can you guarantee the outcome of my case?

No. Absolutely not. It is an ethical violation for a criminal defense lawyer to guarantee any type of outcome in a criminal proceeding. If any attorney does such, you would be wise to steer clear of him. What I do guaranteed, however, is that I will give my all to do everything in my power to successfully represent you in your case.
What if the police lied to me?

Do I have to go on trial?

It's important to remember that the overwhelming majority of criminal cases do not go to trial. Plea bargaining is the process by which most cases are resolved. An experienced attorney is the best chance of getting the best deal in every case.

Could I represent myself?

You could but that would usually be a bad idea. A criminal court is not the place for a non-lawyer to learn about the legal system at his own expense.

How much is this going to cost me?

Obviously, that depends on a number of factors, not least of which is what you have been charged with. There is an adage that "good lawyers are not cheap; and cheap lawyers are not good." That said, I believe in charging my clients a reasonable fee and I make sure I do my best to earn it.